Work with Dr. Wei
In both books I wrote, I incorporate the fundamentals of a functional medicine approach to overall wellness and health. Restoring our bodies' beautiful physiologic balance is vital to feeling good and powerfully moving forward in your life with freedom and grace. When your body works well, you feel better and look better. Feeling better and looking better gives you the energy, clarity, and courage to follow your dreams and live the life you truly want to live!
I am practicing virtually with the amazing holistic functional medicine company Parsley Health. I am licensed to work with people in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Vermont, Florida, Texas, and California. Please contact Parsley Health about the availability of appointments.
***Please note that I no longer practice as an Ob/Gyn. I practice now as a telemedicine functional medicine doctor full-time.***
WHAT IS FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE ANYWAY?
“Functional Medicine is a personalized, systems-oriented model that empowers patients and practitioners to achieve the highest expression of health by working in collaboration to address the underlying causes of disease.” ~The Institute for Functional Medicine
So, what does that mean for you?
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE IS PERSONALIZED.
- You will begin by telling your story and addressing every relevant detail. Your story is unique and illuminates the predisposing factors, triggers, and ongoing issues perpetuating your health issues. We will examine the genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors influencing long-term health and wellness.
- We then uncover the underlying causes for your particular symptoms and further investigate with a brief physical exam and laboratory testing to identify how your story manifests in your body.
- We will discuss and initiate different lifestyle changes to empower you to restore your body’s intended balance. This will include determining a nutritional plan specific to your needs, discussing sleep and exercise programs, and, most importantly, addressing the sources of stress in your life: work, family, relationships, etc.
- Often, targeted supplementation is needed to support the recovery of our bodies’ intended function and physiology and maintain optimal health.
- Ongoing follow-up with consultations and group support will address any unique issues you may encounter.
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE IS A BIOLOGY SYSTEMS APPROACH.
What does this mean? Rather than working to categorize symptoms into a conventional organ system disease diagnosis, functional medicine examines the underlying core imbalances in seven areas, each of which can contribute to imbalance anywhere in the body:
- ASSIMILATION (what we take into our bodies through our gut, lungs, and skin)
- DEFENSE AND REPAIR (how we defend and restore our bodies)
- ENERGY (how we produce and manage the energy which we need for every process in our bodies)
- BIOTRANSFORMATION AND ELIMINATION (how we handle toxins and eliminate them from our bodies)
- COMMUNICATION (how we manage to coordinate the massive amount of information the body requires to function)
- TRANSPORT (how we circulate information and energy around our bodies)
- STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY (how we maintain and repair the structure of our bodies)
Wow! That is overwhelming to understand that our bodies/we are just that complex and amazing!
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE IS EMPOWERING.
You have the tools within you to feel better from the symptoms you have been facing. Once we uncover and understand the underlying causes of your symptoms, we can address those causes strategically. Functional medicine testing often reveals remarkable information that can unlock the keys to previously difficult-to-understand or address health concerns. Having access to this knowledge is remarkably empowering.
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE THE HIGHEST EXPRESSION OF HEALTH IN YOUR BODY.
We all want to feel better, yet modern life, with its stressors, can lead to a massive imbalance in the body, manifesting as a myriad of symptoms that prevent and limit us from leading the life we want to lead.
By exploring the underlying causes of your symptoms, you can achieve radiant health and vitality and the power to prevent future illness and debilitation.
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE IS A COLLABORATION.
This is all about you. The work we will do is a collaboration between you and the care team that we put together for you. We will work together to find a program of care that fits your needs and lifestyle.
For more information about Functional Medicine from the Institute for Functional Medicine, click here!
I am not what happened to me.
I am what I choose to become.
Carl G. Jung